Monday, August 04, 2008

Crutch Time

Crutches are an interesting thing. For some reason they make everyone want to stop you and talk to you about what happened AND tell you about the time they were on the crutches. I do mean everyone wants to stop you. I haven't been to a single store or restaurant or doctor's office where someone hasn't stopped to say "oh my gosh, you poor thing. What happened?"

Don't get me wrong sometimes the attention is nice. I haven't had to open a door in public in at least three weeks (except at the branch I work atJ). Everyone wants to help for the most part. But I hate telling the story. It is not a good story. I wasn't sky diving or hiking or saving a child or getting hit by a car (Ann Marie your story is way betterJ). I wasn't trying to check out a cute boy or being goofy. I was walking. I didn't twist my ankle or fall in a hole. I was not drunk or unstable. I was standing at the drive thru window. Then it split. My second toe right down the middle. Yes it happened back in May and yes I am still broken:)

Of course then they need to tell me what happened to them. These are my favorites. They are the condensed versions of their stories. People really do over share sometimes!

1. I went down a wet slide backwards and broke my leg in 3 places.
2. I was dancing and had a little too much to drink and broke my ankle.
3. I was wasted and fell down a hill and broke my foot. (is there a theme hereJ)
4. I was showing off in front of this really cute boy and feel into the pool and broke my foot in 3 places.
5. I broke my hip (20 year old girl-never got the story:)

It amazes me that everyone wants to know what happened. I can honestly say that I have never approached anyone and asked them how they go hurt. I guess crutches makes me more approachable. I need to develop a better story though. But those 2 1/2 or 3-inch high heels were really cute. Too bad I am going to have to burn them when this is over:)

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM , Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

funny stories! Well, you know, when I had crutches... :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home