Saturday, July 26, 2008

Maybe He knows after all...

You guys all know how I often times get a little frustrated at God's weird way of doing things. I look at where I am today and shake my head. How did I get here and why and how long will it last? My job still makes me wonder every day:) I am always confused as to why He doesn't just do things the easy way. I know what I want. I've been pretty clear in asking Him for what I want. However I don't always get it and that's fine. I am glad I didn't marry that boy I was in love with in 3rd grade or college. I am glad I didn't try to make singing a career. I am really glad He didn't send me to China to serve (Paris was more my style!). I can continue that list forever.

Of course the other lists of why nots is just a long. Why am I in TN? Why do I have this job? Why am I working and living in a scary small town America? I'll stop there:) I don't have the answers to those questions. I don't understand what I am suppose to learn. I don't understand why I can't seem to have what I really want. Other people get what they want. I've seen them be really in love with their job, home, and family. What am I missing?

This morning I had a what if moment.... what if I had got a teaching job when I moved back to America 4 years ago or if I was living in Europe again? Then it hit me...I can think of at least 7 people(I'm sure there are more!) I would have never met. 5 of whom are some of my favorite people. People I want to talk to or hear from as often as possible. Relationships that would sadden me if they didn't exist. They are people I feel blessed to call my friends. You know maybe God does know what He is doing after all:)

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM , Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

hard questions...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home