Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Drive thru teller woes

For the last year and half I have been a bank teller and 90% of that time was spent in the drive thru. I have decided to let you guys know what I will not miss about being a drive thru teller just for kicks. This blog is in honor of my favorite tellers at my old branch.

1. BUTTON Pushers... Certain customers in the drive thru have the overwhelming need to push the call button at least 4 times while waiting. FYI that just makes us go slower and want to punch you in the face. So I will not miss you.
2. Not Readiers...(yeah not a word) it amazes me how many people come to the bank and have not idea what they are doing. They pull up and ask for a deposit slip AND a pen AND take 20 minutes to fill out the deposit slip incorrectly. If not ready GO AWAY!!! These people also tend to be button pushers!
3. Cell phone talkers...if who you are talking is more important than your money or you can't multi-task, you shouldn't try to talk on the phone and hang out in the drive thru. FYI you, I also want to punch a little bit. If you can talk on your phone and ignore me why can't I ignore you. Oh yeah b/c you pushed the button and now I hate you and your stupid phone!!
4. Non-Bathers... we as tellers can always tell when you haven't bathed and that you smoke. I can't even smell it through the bullet proof glass!!! You don't smell good, and your money really doesn't smell good. Of course I just give your stinky money to the button pushers and cell phone talkers. So at least I don't have to smell it for that long. Thanks for helping me get back at the other hated people on our list.
5. Bad drivers... Almost every place anymore has a drive thru option how is it that you can't seem to pull into the bank without hitting the curb or the side of the building. The lanes truly are big enough for you to fit in and not everyone hits the curb everytime like you do! If you have to stick your head out the window to judge your distant from the tube poll or you get so far away you have to get out of your car to reach the drawer you probably shouldn't be using the drive thru. Please for the safety of everyone in a five mile radius park your car far from everyone else and and walk to the bank.

Ones I left off but are equally as annoying are the wrong bank depositers (oops that was suppose to go across the street), closed lane violators(yes the sign really does say closed), the "let me give you the envelope back to save trees" visionary, and the "they always do it for me" know it alls. (thanks for the addition amber!!!)

These customers I will not miss. And yes all of these things really do happen every single day in the drive thru!!!

3 Comments:

At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen to that. i'm going to write one under it called "10 reasons I hate lobby customers".. and number one on the list is "people who don't wear clothes or don't have time to get dressed" lol!
~Ruth : )

 
At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cracked up at the button Pushers list... sounds not completely unlike the experience of sitting at the prefecture de police waiting for a carte de sejour.... haha. You've flipped to the other side ;)

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

Did you know that I was a bank teller for 7 months? What about the "the rules don't apply to me" people??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home