Wednesday, July 09, 2008

stress does strange things...

Stress is truly a wierd phenomenon. Last year about this time was when I truly began to recognize its ability to affect ones body. For me it was a never ending stomach ache. This year however it has affected me in an entirely different way. Eating and sleeping have officially become a thing of the past. I don't really remember the last time I ate a good meal that didn't make my stomach hurt or just really craving a food. Sleeping a whole night has happened I think once in the last month (last Wednesday to be exact...it was amazing!!!). Work, Family and personal drama has made it impossible to shut off my mind. However over the last 3 days I have begun to realize the affect it is having on me completely. In case you were curious...I am losing my mind.

I am a natural blonde and have been for my entire life. However I like to think that I am not a typical blonde. Yes I have my moments where I turn into the blonde that all the jokes were made about. However those occasions are rare. This week not so much true.

On Monday at my lunch time, I was desperately searching for my keys and was unable to find them. Everyone assumed I had left them in my car. But I can't lock them in my car. I have to have the key to lock the door. I remember locking the door. I however decided I would go out to the car and see if I dropped them on the ground or maybe I had left them in my car. I walked out the front door of the bank which sits facing the busiest road in the Boro and saw my keys...hanging on the outside of my door. I have been driving for almost 15 years and that is a first...

On Tuesday I was even more exhausted. I was unable to sleep the night before. After only about 3 hours of sleep I decided it was a curly hair and glasses day. I wanted those extra 15 minutes in my bed. I got up and got dressed and off to work I went. However my glasses bugged me all day. I put them on and couldn't seem to get them clean. They were really smudged. I cleaned them about 4 times. Then at about 10 I gave up and took them off. I have been extra computer training to get ready for my new job. I was amazed at how my eyes didn't bother me for the rest of the day. At about four my eyes started to burn and I put the dirty glasses back on. About 20 minutes later my eyes started to water and burn again. I immediately took them off and rubbed my eyes. Then it hit me... I think I am wearing my contacts. I actually had to take out a mirror and look to see if I was wearing my contacts. Just think it only took me 8 hours and 4 glass wipes to realize my error. The sad part is I can't remember putting my contacts in... at all.

I won't share my one for today b/c this is already too long. who knows what tomorrow holds?

Lord, I NEED SLEEP!!!! But the laughter was great fun.

2 Comments:

At 1:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I love you :) We're pretty much two peas in a pod. Except for the curly hair and glasses part. Did I ever tell about the time one of my harp accessories went missing for about a week? I found it in the freezer under the green beans. Oh yes.

 
At 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey. You are SO Pretty! Miss you! Glad you found your keys (and your contacts)!

~Tiffany

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home