Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hindsight

Everyone always says that hindsight is 20/20. What does that really mean? If I knew then what I know now would I still do those things? I have decided to do a little test. The last few days of stress induced thinking have led me take a little side trip down memory lane. "What if" is always a constant question for me, and lately it has become more prevalent. So I'm going to answer a few of those questions... We'll start slow and move our way up.

1. What if I had known boy from "giddy, excited, flustered" post was a jerk from the beginning would I have still gone out with him? Yes...the part leading to the date and dates were great fun. Catching up with my wonderful friends all over the US and France made it completely worth it. Being a girly girl for a little while and free dinner X2 was also a plus. However next time lets skip the jerk part:)

2. What if I had known the cute heels would break my toe and 3 months later I would be on crutches would I still wear them? Heck NO...no part of this has been fun. All I have learned is that I am painfully independent. Next time no shoe heel over 1 1/2 in:)

3. What if I had known that living in Richmond for a year after returning from France would just leave me deeper in debt would I have taken the job? Yes...Ashley wouldn't be one of my favorite people on the planet. I also needed a safe place to readjust to American life. Oh sweet life on the compound:)

4. What if I had known that the teaching job in Mobile would turn in the nightmare with HR that it did would I still have moved in less then 12 hours? Yes... I would never have meet Kelly #2 or got to live with Shannon again or fell a little bit in love with the area.

5. What if I had know that moving to France would make it almost impossible to find a job teaching when I returned would I have still gone? Heck yes... not only did I meet some of my favorite people in the world but I wouldn't give up living there for anything in the world:)

I guess in my case hindsight would not have made much of a difference. Four out or five times I wouldn't have changed a thing . I guess I need all those lessons that God is constantly throwing my way. However wouldn't it be nice to just have things go smoothly for just a little while! I need a break for now:)

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM , Blogger Mentanna said...

i'm glad you don't regret the france part. i can't imagine you not being a part of my life!

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

I am really not sure what I would have done if you had said NO, you wouldn't have gone to France! Love you, girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home