Thursday, March 27, 2008

Confession is Good for the Soul

I have an impending birthday that has made me be up front and honest with myself. I can no longer hide behind the number anymore. It has officially turned its back on me. I AM AN ADULT!! It is time I admitted it to myself and to the world (okay world is a little dramatic...I am admitting it to the few people who actually read this blog!) I am ready to tell you the truth. This is how I know I am an adult...

1. Health Benefits...During college and for a few years after college I had no health benefits. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance were a thing of the past. But hey who needs them anyway. I was never sick. I lived in France for 2 years with benefits and never once touched them. Why pay the money for them if you don't need? however the last year the Lord has seen to it that I use all aspects of my insurance. I mean I pay for I may as well use it. I would fear for my live if I had not insurance now. Every sneeze I heard would push me over the line.

2. Job Security matters...I changed jobs alot while I was in college and after returning to the states. It was nothing to make a shift based on boredom or because I wanted to actually use my degree (crazy I know!). I jumped states. I quit 2 jobs to go work camp. I knew I could always find another job. I am smart and gifted (humble:0). Finding a new job would be a snap. However earlier this week our branch lost 2 employees to cut backs that are being made in the company. They were sent to a meeting and bam...unemployed. I am grateful to have a job and not to eager to leave it unless I have one in the bag. oh yeah and it has benefits.

3. Bedtime...I have to be in bed by 10 during the week or I never make.

4. All nighters...even on the weekends I still have to go to bed early. One night of staying up until 2 or 3 takes me weeks to recover from.

5. Young uns on TV....I am addicted to reality tv shows. I love the drama and the stories of the crazy people on them. However they are all really young. American idol last night was killer. They had to sing a song from the year they were born..."I was born in 1989, 1990, etc" Oh my gosh they are so young.

6. You start using phrases like.." you are so young. You are such a baby."

7. Music really can be too loud.

Okay I'll stop there. I could go on forever. Because adults have way more hot air!!!

4 Comments:

At 6:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, girl!

I love you no matter what year you were born in!

Happy Early BIRTHDAY!

~Tiff

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Mentanna said...

so, you body is falling apart. you long for quiet moments at home. sleep is actually something you crave. job finally equals money. yep, it is official. you are a grown up.

you will be missed on your birthday my friend.

 
At 1:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I officially join you in the hot air club? :) I think you should treat yourself to a birthday surprise (it wouldn't really be a surprise if you were treating yourself to it, but you could pretend to be surprised) And traipse on over yonder to Colorado :)

Happy Birthmonth!!! (why not make the celebration last longer than a day?!)
Gros bisous xx
AnnieM

 
At 2:19 AM , Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home