Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The greatest story ever told...

Anyone who as ever meet me knows that I am a nerd when it comes to reading. My mother was completely flabbergasted a few months ago when she realized how big of a dork I am. I am always reading at least one book or 2 or 3 at a time. I will read almost anything but sci-fi or horror. I like the classics, trashy popular books, pulitzer prize winners or anything with a pretty cover. I am always carrying a book with me everywhere I go. Right now I know have one in my car and one in my purse.

However my love of reading lately has not included the Bible. For the last few months I have struggled with finding it remotely interesting. I feel like I have read it all before. It is uninteresting and almost underrated. Can lightening strike me for just typing that? It isn't that I don't want to read the Bible. I miss the intimacy of reading God's word and feeling like He is speaking to me.

So Monday night I tried something new. I grabbed my Bible snuggled under the covers in my cold bedroom and started at the beginning. Reading the greatest story ever OUTLOUD... I think sometimes I get so caught up in what it all means that I forget it is still a story. I find I am enjoying reading it outloud. It almost makes it more real. I love reading outloud. I was always one of the first to volunteer in school and still am when the chance arises. I like being able to put emotion in the story. It helps me focus. I have found myself not skimming but really enjoying the Bible. Last night I finished Chapter 5....man some of those names are hard, but I am really enjoying my new book.

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

I love you even if you are a nerd and about to be struck by lightning!

AND, I don't think you are a nerd or a dork anyway!

~Tiff

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home