Thursday, May 10, 2007

oh yikes my family

family...i wish i could pick mine. don't get my wrong i do love the eclectic group of people that make up the tree/bush/orchard of my family. my mom claims i am a snob and she may actually be correct. but don't tell her i said that. my family tree reads more of who's who among america's most wanted than the social elite of the south. i have had more members in jail than i have graduate from high school. the family just keeps growing but don't worry we cut people from the tree as much as we add them. while talking with a friend the other night, he asked me to tell him my greatest fears. of course i skirted the issue and attempted to avoid the question. I used the old stand by of fear of failure and not succeeding. since then i have spent time trying to truly nail down some of my fears.
I have decided that one is that people will meet/know about my family and run away scared especially boys. we are a messed group of people. those who know me well are aware of my list of jokes about my family. part of that is sarcasm and part of it is to hide the embarrassment i often feel. i don't really like that about myself. i want them to be proud of me and love me for well me...i hate that i don't feel the same way about them. i fit into my family so maybe i am just as unique as they are. maybe i can figure out how to love them for who they are because well they are family. they have accepted me so i want/need to do the same for them.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries. We all have areas that our lives or families lives that remind us an episode of Jerry Springer. A few years ago I thought my family was the only one that had "issues," but I soon found out I was wrong.
Hope you are doing well. I extended and am in Taiwan until December.

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Mentanna said...

just think, you have the material that great novels are created out of! who wants a "normal" family? boring!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home