Monday, August 21, 2006

Expectations

It always amazes me how different things are than what you expect them to be. Life in Mobile is not what I thought it would be. Granted i didn't really take a whole lot of time to think about what it was going to be like. Honestly, the only thing that makes me shake my head and go what the heck...is the job. Teaching in an inner city style school is so different then what i thought it would be. It is amazing how different the kids are from any group of children I have ever worked with. I have always enjoyed inner city kids and hopefully will learn to enjoy these kids. Of course it is challenging to spend the day trying to teach them and yet minister to them at the same time. hopefully a balance will soon come.

I don't have to yell at all today. It was much better. Hopefully the behavior of the kids isn't a fluke.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

okay, two things. Number one, I love and miss you! Number two, you look freakin' hot in the picture a couple of posts down!!!

 
At 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there lovely! Why the heck havent you calledme back heifer?! Well imglad things are going swell for you. Peace chick
Paige

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

I WILL find some of my stuff! Remember... you can call me!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home