Sunday, January 21, 2018

‘Yes You do!’

3 years and another baby later.....

Miss is 7 weeks into the terrible 2s (at this point they aren’t so terrible just full of plenty of sass and LOUD screams...cause heaven forbid I tell her no!). For two years mommy, daddy, and grown ups in general have provided all she has needed when she needed/wanted it...seriously no is tough on her ;)

She firmly believes any bag I am carrying is an endless supply of raisins, crackers and water. Just waiting for her to ask for it....every once in a while a mommy fail happens and my purse has none of her life necessities. Oh the grief I get when she realizes what I have done...

I will say miss I am so sorry but I don’t have any raisins and her first reaction is to say ‘Yes You Do!’ No miss I don’t.... ‘Yes You Do!’

It never occurs to her that I won’t provide something. I have to I am her mommy and that is what I do...I provide...always...

Why do I struggle to remember that my Father will provide for me? He constantly reminds us in His word that He will provide...He promises and He never forgets (like earthly moms and dads do sometimes) I insist on trying to do it myself and figure things out on my own.

Granted that doesn’t mean I can sit in my house with my feet kicked back claiming God is gonna rain down solutions and wealth from heaven but it does mean I can work on relying on Him to provide by whatever way He chooses....provide all my needs...

Psalm 81:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home