Sunday, February 17, 2013

That kind of joy....

I learned the Lord's Prayer in first grade Sunday school. My teacher had been the teacher for that class for about 100... Okay maybe 50 years and she wasn't exactly the most loving person in the world. To put it nicely she was your typical old grumpy southern baptist Sunday school teacher...had taught for so long she had lost all joy for the job. For 2 years I attended every Sunday unless sickness prevented it. I seem to have forgotten all those Sundays. However I vividly remember standing up every week and reciting the Lord's Prayer King James style at the end of every class...and it stuck.

Today in church I sat in front of a just turned 4 year old who took great joy in reciting the Lord's Prayer....the parts she really knew especially;) She was proud of her knowledge. She was particpating in the prayer portion of the service.  She almost shouted the parts she knew really well.

Lord I hope I had that kind of joy when I learned the prayer many years ago.  Lord I want to find that joy again when I learn something new about your word...teach me to find joy in my knowledge of you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home