Sunday, March 18, 2012

my heart's desire...

"You do not have because you do not ask" James 4:2c
"Lord all my desire is before you; and my sighing is not hidden from You." Psalm 38:9
"so whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will will give you." John 15:16b

three verses in less than 24 hours...okay I understand Lord. Really I am listening. It is so hard to really ask for something that I have asked for before. I have wanted this for over a decade and for one reason or another God has said no. Sometimes He has been clear and other times He has let me get really close only to tell me no again. But the reality it is one of the greatest desires of my heart. It is honestly all I have ever wanted to do.

I don't remember not wanting to be a teacher. As a child i played school with my dolls...yep not making that up. I love school supplies even to this day. I always enjoy going to staples or target when they put out the rows of new pens, pencils, notebooks and folders. I always walk through that area even when I don't need anything. Teaching is all I have ever wanted to do. I went to school and earned the degree. I took the test and acquired the license and haven't really used it...And now I find myself thinking about what to do next in life. This job has always been temporary and hopefully it will end this summer. The next step is to figure out what to do after this ends...And I need to pray for that next step.

I want to teach, Lord. I desperately want to find a job teaching in a school. I want to have my own classroom and my own students. I am ready to start the process again. I want to claim Psalm 38:9...All my desire is before you. You know my heart. I think my desires are pure and I believe they are of you. Please show me the place you want me to teach...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home