Thursday, March 15, 2012

distractions

tonight/today i have been completely distracted...i can't seem to do the things i need to do. Today i needed to grab every second of the day studying when i had a spare moment. instead i seemed to be on the phone or cooking something new or blogging... i just can't seem to focus. I don't usually have a hard time studying but today it is a no go. And the last few days i have been doing the same thing with God...

I find myself finding something else to do besides read the word. I have been skipping my James bible study. I am not using baby feeding time to read psalms on my phone. I am not sure what I am avoiding or even why I am avoiding Him. I think i just fear what is next. He has been tough on me the last few weeks. Of course all needed toughness...but tough just the same. A friend gave me some words of wisdom the other day maybe i should try to put them into practice. Direct quote..'you know you would save yourself a lot of energy if you took joy in His discipline/speaking to you/teaching you instead of grumbling about it. AND He'd get a lot more done a lot less painfully.'

I don't know if i totally agree with the grumbling part but deep sigh I definitely need to find some joy in what God is trying to teach me and avoiding the Word isn't going to accomplish it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home