Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Memories

It is funny what makes you think of something you may not have thought of in awhile...
I associate certain things with memories...I see or do or touch those things and am immediately transported back to a memory that always makes me smile with nostalgia. Here are some of my favorites...
1. snickerdoodles...an all american cookie that takes me back to paris usually chez campbell
2. white pants & black shirt...bought for a date last summer-I have worn it tons of times since then but reminds me of that date
3. comets...a boy i dated in high school and our first kiss
4. pyramids....a lesson i taught in mobile-i still remember some of my students' faces.
5. nerts...faith's apartment on like 25 or 26th floor in paris
6. skiing...christmas in the alps with 4 1/2 people i love dearly-claire hadn't been born yet.
7. american idol...watching star academie or the french version of idol
8. marble slab...ice cream with ruth, amber, & jennifer
9. Les Miserables...high school library or london with shannon
10. Chili's...college thursday night bible study or chips and drinks with Ash in short pump, va

I could truly go on forever...I love that I have those memories and will continue to enjoy them and make more:)

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

I am unable to walk into a chili's and not think of your fantastic self!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home