Friday, March 13, 2009

oh oh oh oh:)

I love those things that make me feel like a kid again...I have another birthday and this one I am not so excited about but alas I can't do anything about that. But this morning on my way to work something happened...I felt like I was about 10 again. There are certain things that when I close my eyes I am right back to being young and carefree.

This morning it was a song on the radio...I am sure most of you know that New Kids on the Block is back on tour (hear the sarcasm). Women around my age are all desperately seeking ways to get tickets. We have turned back into those wild and crazy pre-teens who are crazy in love with the pop stars of our time. I find myself secretly wishing I could get tickets to go to a concert. I never got to go when I was a kid. My best friend during that time in my life went to like 3 or 4 concerts. I was always jealous of her! This morning "right stuff" started to play on a popular pop station here. I found myself singing at the top of my lungs and shaking my shoulders to the beat of the music (my feet were kind of occupied:) I haven't listened to their music since they crashed and burned right of the music charts in the early nineties. But this morning I was jamming. I enjoyed that flashback from the past...I didn't feel so old anymore!

makes me want to go the playground too....swinging always makes me feel like a kid too

1 Comments:

At 5:10 AM , Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

I can picture you! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home