Monday, April 06, 2009

Birthday Weekend Part 2

Okay I so meant to do this last week but time and drama made that impossible...
So where did I leave off? Oh yeah, Saturday...
It started out with some serious sleeping in and then off to shop. Amber took me to her favorite place to shop...I was on a mission for shoes and anything else that hit my fancy:) After some coffee we went to like 10 different stores. I left her in the afternoon and headed home. My mom told me we had to be in the boro by 6. This was the first I had heard that we had plans...
I get home, change and off we go...I should have known something was up. My mom drove to the boro which NEVER happens. I always drive. We left on time...which also almost never happens. My mom is likes to be behind and my dad likes to be overly early! Once we got off the interstate my parents whipped out a blindfold! yep..something was up! I truly don't understand why people enjoy blindfolding me! We spent the next 10-15 minutes driving around in circles or at least if felt like it to me:)
We arrived, sat in the car for a few minutes, and then we started walking. I would loved to have seen the looks on the faces of the people in the restaurant as I was forced to weave in between chairs and pray for safety! I was finally seated and the blindfolded removed...and was shocked to see about 15 of my friends seated at the table! People from college, old work folks, and church friends...My best friend Kelly had done it. A surprise party that was 100% a surprise! I really truly had no idea...and it was amazing! I was able to see some people that I hadn't seen in years! They had braved the pending bad weather to celebrate with me!

Once we got our meal the power went out...but the good thing was we all had our food:) We enjoyed the ambiance and questioned the reason for the lack of power. I mean it was raining but didn't seem that severe. About 5 minutes later the emergency vehicles began appearing and filling up the parking lot 2 doors down...We looked outside and saw the massive piece of metal wrapped around the power line...Well that explains the outage:) Kelly brought out the birthday cake and the candles lite up the table:) The waiters brought out little cups of butter with candles stuck in them to give us more light....My dad retrieved flashlights from the car so I could open presents...Good times all around...Laughter about old memories (chili's & the ice throwing being the fav) and new memories made....verbena not bare bottom. I felt 30 and fabulous...thanks Kelly....

old bsu friends...Kelly is in the black on the front row...she did good!

When we left, we learned the reason for no power was the tornado that had touched down two doors down from our restaurant....lots of broken windows and ripped off roofs...It was a party I will never forget! Sunday was finally family birthday time, dinner, cake and guitar hero .... day full of text messages and love...I always forget just how amazing my friends and family are. I needed to celebrate this birthday big time and we did:) I'll try to post more pictures too...or just look at facebook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home