Thursday, March 06, 2008

what i love about starbucks...

Yesterday I got to leave work at 12. It was a great day. Granted I have to work on Saturday, but I believe it to be a fair trade. I changed into jeans and a t-shirt and headed to starbucks with my laptop and time to waste. I discovered a few things while sitting at my favorite starbucks for 2 hours....

1. Free internet...No starbucks doesn't have free wi-fi, but the place next door does. I was in updating and music downloading heaven.

2. Piped in music...I am addicted to folkie, indie style music. Starbucks plays the largest assortment. Most of the artists I have never heard of before. But I love the mellow sound and unique music. Occasionally I will hear an artist or song I know, but the unknown fascinates me.

3. I feel smarter... I am sure that is completely mental. However for some reason sitting at a table with my laptop makes me feel more intelligent. Yesterday the two loud people were studying chemistry. You can't get much smarter than that.

4. The conversations... I am a great eve's dropper. I listen to almost everything around me. I don't want to wear headphones or the music to be to loud. I want to hear what people talk about. They discuss politics, religion, and gossip all while enjoying a good cup of coffee.

5. The people you may meet...Yesterday I saw a friend I hadn't seen in 6 months. It is always fun to catch up. A few months ago I meet a guy at random. We talked religion. Now when we see each other we can say hi. People are always willing to talk to each other at starbucks especially if you are sitting in one of the 4 comfy chairs.

6. oh yeah...the coffee, the pastries and access to the new york times...once again just makes me feel good all over.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

~Tiff

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Mentanna said...

yeah i think i overdosed on starbucks during my week in the states. a daily morning venti was non-negotiable.

 
At 2:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I would have been sitting opposite you in one of those comfy chairs.
:)
AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home