Monday, August 06, 2012

boxes and tape

Moving...boxes...tape...trash...junk...memories...stuff...I have done quite a bit of moving and packing in my life.  As a child we changed houses every year. Sometimes more than once.  My parents shifted jobs which led to shifting houses, towns, and people.  As an adult I have carried on the same trend.  I have carried my stuff and my life around in suitcases and boxes.  The last few months have been full of packing up life and moving.  I pilfered through all I have owned in NJ and had to decide what to keep and what to trash and what is important.  A few weeks later I found myself doing the same thing in TN and in a few months I will do it again in AL.  Even for me this seems excessive.

For the next 4 months I am not even going to have a real place to plant my "stuff".  God is once again calling me to a season of transit life.  What does it look like to truly not have a place to call 'home'? Now I am not going to be homeless or without a place to sleep so it isn't pity I seek.  It is the awareness that God has told us not to call this world our home.  And for the next few months it is really going to be true for me.  How will I handle this season?  Moving, packing, and waiting...

As a believer I am waiting for Christ return.  I should be moving myself closer to his calling, packing my life with truth and waiting for His return eagerly.  I need to not make this world my home.  I have to throw away the stuff that doesn't matter.  Maybe I just need the reminder to travel light because this earth it isn't my home.  so I truly don't need much....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home