Sunday, February 10, 2013

How do I do that?

I can't really say I have every thought about it...not sure if you can or could or should...how do you become someone different ok maybe different isn't the right word...how do you become somthing else?

I was born a daughter. I never had to think about what it meant to act like or be a daughter. I was born one so it isn't like I had time to try to figure it out. I was just one...granted there are times I am a good one and times I am a bad one.

Being a girl...same thing...I was born one. I don't know what it is like to not be one and I am totally ok with it. Sometimes I am a nice one and sometimes I am a mean one....not proud of it...just stating fact!

A friend requires a little more work but I have been doing this my whole life. I am wise enough finally to  pick people that usually make being a friend easy. I like them and they like me so we are friends. I have managed to pick outstanding drama free friends for the last few years....sometimes I am a pretty good one and sometimes I am a lazy one.

Now I am a wife. I, like most girls, have spent a large part of my life wishing, hoping and praying for Mr. Right (ie the man God intended for me). I wanted a person to be my person. I couldn't wait to meet, fall in love and marry my best friend. And it has finally happened. I am married...yay! I am someone's wife...slight problem....I have no earthly idea how to do that or be that or even really know what that means.

I mean I know how to do all the "taking care of the house things" cooking, cleaning, general housekeeping , future child care....check, check, check, check,....I have always done those things. I am the hostess, and I love taking care of others.

The problem is my husband also knows how to do those things.  He is a full grown adult who lived alone for many years.  I can maybe trump him in the child care area but right now that isn't  an issue! Truth is he can do all those things without my help. Those things are just general skills.
What does a wife do? What is my job? How can I actually be the wife God intended for my husband. No one gave me instructions on being wife....or did they?

I did a little word search in scripture on wife. I am am sure you aren't surprised that it pops up several...ok tons of times. Maybe if I want to be a godly wife to my husband I should read what God tells me to do. Why do I get the feeling this isn't going to be a feel good endeavor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home