Friday, November 21, 2008

Characteristics VS Personality Part Two

Babies are interesting beings. When they are first born that are sleeping, eating, crying and pooping blobs. Don't get me wrong I love to cuddle with them at any age. However a few months down the road when they are start developing their own personalities that is when things get more interesting! You see them laugh at certain things. You find what they don't like and what they do! Their personalities develop as they grow older. Then they become their own individual person.

Personality is the visible aspect of one's character as it impresses others; collection of qualities; personal identity; sum total of the physical, mental, emotional, and social characteristics of an individual. Synonyms are likableness, temperament, charisma and disposition. Antonyms...well there aren't any:) Well according to dictionary.com...

Everything about us defines our personality. It oozes out of everything we say and do. Our fashion taste is even a reflection of our disposition. For me- Conservative in thought and fashion (no animal prints for me though I do have an animal print purse), Optimistic (bubbly, bubbly, its the blonde hair:), Honest (but not usually brutal), Funny (or at least people laugh at my jokes or at me:), Reliable (I really will drop it all if someone needs me), Extroverted (like you didn't already know that), On Time/Dependable (just ask the campbells never could be late on Monday nights:), Organized (you should have seen my locker or backpack in high school), etc. Well you get it. Those are the elements of my personality that I can nail down or others have told me.

Of course we have all taken 1 or 10 of the 50 million personality tests out there, from the serious Myers-Briggs and DISC, to the animal or color test...(ESFJ, D/C, Lion and i don't remember my color:) Personality is harder to nail down, and I think that is why it takes us so long to develop it. It is constantly changing based on age, place, job, and just life circumstances in the general. But why does it matter if we do or don't know our personality type? Does it make a difference in our day to day life? Does our charisma really matter in the whole scheme of things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home