Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Things I've observed so far...

Organic food doesn't taste ANY different. It just costs more...except for organic juice and it is gross!

It is odd for a wealthy family to use cheap toilet paper! I'll keep buying my own Charmin and pass on the Scott's (Haley that's for you!)

Having someone clean my room every week is odd. This week all my lotions and sprays were organized by size...last week they were organized with lotions on one side and sprays on the other.

New Jersey drivers use horn intimidation on a way to regular basis. It has never bothered me when others honk. Here they don't stop until you move. Apparently your foot is suppose to be on the gas BEFORE the light turns green. I am not making that up..several people have told me that is the New Jersey way!

I am living with a family who I don't think has ever been to Wal-Mart. I asked the dad about it and he didn't seem to even know what it was like!

Thursday is the first time I've had potatoes with dinner since I've been here. My butt better start shrinking! No bread with dinner yet:(

Drive-thrus are extremely limited for some bizarre reason! Italian restaurants are EVERY 1/2 block but few places allow me to drive-thru to get a drink!

People pump my gas...That will never get old!!!

I've only seen/heard about ONE Mexican restaurant within 30 miles of here! CRAZY!!!

I find it strange this family has a Mango corer (didn't know that existed!) and no apple corer...

6 Comments:

At 11:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna,
I love reading about your life in New Jersey. Most of these things, I can hear you saying out loud. I would find the same things odd, especially someone cleaning/organizing my room every week.
Take care, miss you!

Nathan

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger OneClearGoal said...

Deanna!

They do to have an apple corer! Find it.. i Loved it.
They must have just bought the mango corer, because I never had one!
I love your blog.. hilarious!

Tausha

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger OneClearGoal said...

Deanna!

They do to have an apple corer! Find it.. i Loved it.
They must have just bought the mango corer, because I never had one!
I love your blog.. hilarious!

Tausha

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Haley said...

No Mexican restaurant!!! You have got to be kidding me! And remember, it's Quilted Northern all the way for me :)

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Mentanna said...

uhm, i will have to disagree with you on organics not tasting better. they taste way better! the test....i gave my boys organic green beans one night for dinner and Will looked at me and said, "mom these green beans are actually good." and just so you know, he had no idea that i had changed brands or that i have been trying to eat more organic!

i love hearing about your new adventures as well. kinda like moving overseas isn't it?

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Bianca :) said...

Hahahahaha. Girl, you crack me up!!! I love all of your sassy sarcastic comments about things. haha. I could never imagine you saying anything like this though. ;) lol. Oh my! The lotion/sprays...I do believe about 10 minutes of our convo the other night was dedicated to the lotions and sprays. lol. You'll have to tell me how they organize it next week. lol. :) Love ya and miss ya, girl...

Bianca :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home